Human rights and strong ethical standards are hygiene factors for us. To ensure clarity around how we manage and make decisions related to these areas, we have implemented a new governance model for sustainability and ethics.
Our Business Ethics and Sustainability Committee provide recommendations to the Executive Management Team on sustainability and ethical related matters. The Committee sets precedent decisions and gives guidance and supervision to the organisation on matters relating to sustainability issues in the areas of ethical dilemmas, environment, social and human rights, human resources and customer matters.
- Strong customer integrity processes.
- Robust framework on anti-corruption practices.
- Sustainable and local sourcing practices.
UN Global Compact
- Principle 1 - Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, within the scope of their influence.
- Principle 2 - Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 4 - Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Principle 5 - Businesses should uphold the abolition of child labour.
- Principle 6 - Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 10 - Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.